Skip to main content


Australian plumbers insurance

Backed by 20 years of plumbing industry knowledge, Marsh knows how to meet the unique needs of Australian plumbers.

Why do I need to consider plumbers insurance?

Even the most seasoned plumbers get into accidents from time to time.

You can, and should, minimise the consequences by staying updated with safety standards and thoroughly preparing your job site.

And for an added layer of defence? Help protect your business with comprehensive insurance policies.

Get in touch today. We can help protect your business against personal injury and property damage.

What’s covered?

  • Public and products liability starting from $5 million and up to $50 million

    The limit of liability is the maximum amount that can be provided under the insurance policy.

  • Errors and omissions cover up to $500,000

    Coverage for fee free incidental advice. Conditions apply.

  • Care custody control cover up to $500,000

    For property in physical or legal control.

  • Wide range of excess options that can be tailored to your businesses needs

  • Non-domestic plumbing work

  • Cover for plumbing work in buildings above two storeys

  • Type B gas fitting coverage

Additional cover we can arrange

Products and services

Business insurance

Looking for specialist expertise? Our brokers will tailor business cover for you – no matter your industry.

Learn More

Products and services

Business interruption cover

A storm, cyber attack or machinery breakdown can grind your business to a halt. Arrange business interruption cover to keep things moving.

Learn more

Products and services

Business vehicle insurance

Need to travel from one job to another to keep your business running? Marsh can arrange business vehicle cover tailored to your needs.

Learn more

Why Marsh?

Why should you choose Marsh to arrange your insurance solutions?

Trusted by 130 associations

We are proud to be the endorsed insurance broker for more than 130 Australian industry groups and member associations, developing insurance solutions that help meet the risk and insurance needs of businesses across a variety of industries.

Local expertise

Our Australia-wide network of brokers have spent years at the coalface supporting business owners manage their unique risks in a fast-changing market. They keep ahead of the latest market insights both local and global and break down the jargon into your language.

Claims support

Handling an insurance claim can quickly become overwhelming, not least when your time is stretched to the limit keeping your business going in the backdrop. We help take the load off and manage, negotiate and settle claims with insurers on your behalf.

Competitively priced

Our experienced team of brokers can leverage our strong market relationships to negotiate competitive premiums for plasters.

VBA compliant

We offer public liability insurance that meets Victorian Building Authority plumbing licence requirements.

Why use a broker?

Choosing business insurance means navigating through products, coverages and policy terminology – with a sales pitch as your only guide. An experienced broker will spot your unique set of risks, match you to the right choice, and advocate for you on price.

Frequently asked questions

Consider this scenario: a poorly crimped pipe causes a water leak – damaging your client’s kitchen walls. As a result, your business is held liable to pay for damages to the client’s property and any legal costs incurred.

We can arrange insurance policies that can protect you against the unexpected. (And keep your cash flow running smoothly.)

Such policies include:

  • Public liability
  • Personal accident
  • Tools and equipment
  • Commercial motor vehicle.

Your insurance needs will differ depending on the type of work and activities you complete. Our Trades team will work with you to understand your risk exposures and prepare policies to keep your business protected.

It depends on where in Australia you do business.

In Victoria, The Victorian Building Authority requires plumbers to have the prescribed level of public liability insurance before renewing or requesting their plumbing licence.

We can arrange insurance that meets the authority’s requirements and covers you for work completed over two storeys.

In other states and territories, the governing bodies do not require plumbers to have a public liability policy.

However, to keep your business protected, we strongly recommend you consider arranging public liability insurance.

We understand that premiums play a big role in choosing the right policy. But there is more to consider.

Premiums are based on the amount of risk the provider takes on – so a lower premium often means more exclusions.

To avoid confusion, be sure to read your policy wording and product disclosure statement carefully.

A certificate of currency is proof that you hold a current insurance policy.

Please contact us once you have paid for your policy and we’ll email your certificate of currency straight to you.

If you are a Victorian plumber, we will also send your certificate of currency directly to the Victorian Building Authority to finalise your plumbing licence renewal.

It depends on how frequently your business changes.

Major changes – such as business growth, greater work complexity or expanded services – should prompt an insurance review.

As a rule of thumb, we recommend you review your policy every year to ensure your business is covered for its current risk exposures.

If you're an existing customer, please reach out to our Trades team.

They can provide you with your:

  • Certificate of currency

  • Policy wording

  • Tax invoice.

Related insurance solutions

slected option

Business insurance

Need a range of covers to suit your business needs? Explore Marsh’s business bundles for glass, theft, contents cover and more.

Business vehicle insurance

Need to travel from one job to another to keep your business running? Marsh can arrange business vehicle cover tailored to your needs.

Cybersecurity insurance

Cyber attacks are becoming increasingly common. Help protect your small business with cyber insurance solutions arranged by Marsh.

Business interruption cover

A storm, cyber attack or machinery breakdown can grind your business to a halt. Arrange business interruption cover to keep things moving.

Goods-in-transit insurance

Cover your cargo, bolster your business. Help maintain your forward momentum with insurance arranged by Marsh.

Management liability insurance

Help protect your business – and your team – against management and operational risks with management liability cover.

Personal accident

With personal accident cover you can be sure your medical expenses are covered in the event of an on-the-job injury.

Handyman insurance

If you’re handy by trade, we can help you stay covered. Let us arrange handyman insurance that’s tailored to you.

The Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia receives a financial benefit when an insurance policy is arranged by Marsh.

LCPA 23/154

Marsh Advantage Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 31 081 358 303, AFSL 238369) (“Marsh”) arranges the general insurance (i.e. not the Discretionary Trust Arrangement) and is not the insurer. This page contains general information and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. For full details of the terms, conditions and limitations of the covers, refer to the specific policy wordings and/or Product Disclosure Statements available from Marsh on request. Marsh makes no representation or warranty concerning the application of policy wordings or the financial condition or solvency of insurers or re-insurers. Marsh makes no assurances regarding the availability, cost, or terms of insurance coverage. Any statements concerning actuarial, tax, accounting, or legal matters are based solely on our experience as insurance brokers and risk consultants and are not to be relied upon as actuarial, accounting, tax, or legal advice, for which you should consult your own professional advisors. The Discretionary Trust Arrangement is issued by the Trustee, JLT Group Services Pty Ltd (ABN 26 004 485 214, AFSL 417964) (“JGS”). Any advice or dealing in relation to the Discretionary Trust Arrangement is provided by JLT Risk Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 69 009 098 864, AFSL 226 827) (“JLT”). JGS and JLT are businesses of Marsh McLennan. The cover provided by the Discretionary Trust Arrangement is subject to the Trustee’s discretion and/or the relevant policy terms, conditions and exclusions.