Personal Injury Claims
- Complete and submit all personal information and injury details relating to your claim online..
- Following your online claim lodgement, Marsh will email you 3 separate Declarations that need to be completed and signed by your club, your treating physician and/or your employer.
- The Declarations can be printed and filled in manually or emailed straight to the relevant person for them to print, complete and return to the Insurer on your behalf.
- If you have any questions about this process please contact Marsh on 1300 130 373.
Loss of Income Claims
- Download a copy of the Personal Injury Claim Form Download; or Phone Echelon* on 1800 640 009 who will post a copy to you.
- Complete all sections of the Claim Form (including Section C)
- Send your completed form to Echelon within 270 days from the date of injury (earlier is preferable)
- Echelon will confirm receipt of your claim and/or make contact with you should they require further information.
Please note: The elimination period applicable is 14 days unless your sick leave balance exceeds this, in which case your sick leave balance becomes your excess period. Payments will be made to claimants net of tax.
Liability Claims (Public and Management Liability)
If an incident occurs that you believe may lead to legal action or non-legal action by a third party, you should contact Marsh immediately on 1300 130 373 (preferably within 48 hours of the occurrence) and complete the general liability claim form.
An incident may include (but is not limited to) any of the following examples:
- An individual or group asking your club for payment of property damage caused during a club activity.
- Legal action against the club for negligence (breached duty of care).
- Legal action against a director of the club for libel, slander or other misleading statements.
- An employee claiming harassment, discrimination or unfair dismissal.
- An employee or volunteer stealing from club funds.
- Legal action against a coach or umpire for negligent acts, errors or omissions.
In these cases, it is important that you or other members of your club do not admit any liability or discuss the matter with a third party.
Asset Protect Claims
- Download the below Asset Protect claim form.
- Complete all relevant sections of the claim form.
- Send your claim form to Echelon* as soon as possible (must be within 270 days of the date of injury). Echelon Claims Services GPO Box 1693 Adelaide SA 5001 Fax: +61 8 8235 6450 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Echelon will confirm receipt of your claim or contact you should they require more information